Friday, June 08, 2012

Things I'm Loving

Over here at MnM's blog she is once again holding the weekly 'things I'm loving series'






I wholeheartedly believe that no matter what is happening in your life, there is always something you can be thankful for..no matter how simple it is.  

Supporting Friends
I love supporting friends, cheering them on when they have had a bad day, being behind them with support when they are stepping outside of their comfort zone.
Some good friends has just had an offer accepted on a house they would like, yea for them, although not so fast as it could all go pear shape in the next few weeks and I just hope it doesn't, but we are here to support them and help which ever way we can.

Birthdays
Who doesn't love birthdays?


We still have banners up in the dining room from Alex's birthday on Monday. Ben has informed me twice now that they really should be taken down as it is not his birthday any more, yea sure, at the weekend, but for now I love remembering that it was his special day and what a special time it was for me 7 years ago.

Snuggle Blankets
Yes you read right, snuggle blankets, you know the ones, those blankets that have arms in them so you snuggle under the blanket but have your arms free but still warm.


I have always wanted one and Steve said he would leave me if I ever dreamed of buying one, and just to be clear he doesn't want one!
However how could I resist when K-mart had some really cheap ones on sale this week? $9 for an adult one and $7 for a child's one. So guess what......?
I brought 4, yep, one for each of us including Steve.
Sure it won't be too long before he happily snuggles under his one evening whilst watching tv!

Girls Nights
As a mother I love having the odd night out with the mum's from school to gain our sanity back, even just for 2 hours.
So girls night has come round again, just prior to the school holidays. Next Tuesday we are going out for dessert and a drink. Should be great fun, can't wait.

Don't forget, if you want to take part in 'things I'm loving' then skip on over here

2 comments:

Meghan Maloney Photography said...

So lovely to have you join in with Things I'm Loving! I love the idea of those snuggle blankets, interested to know if you manage to convince hubby they are good enough for him to want to try!

Have a great weekend :-) Meg

Alison said...

I think I may be investing in a 'snuggle blanket' for next winter!...hope you enjoyed your girl's night..we all need THEM!
Alison xx